Asset and Maintenance Management
Shaya is the operator of Starbucks in Turkey. Starbucks has many coffee shops throughout the country. When there is a need of periodic maintenance or breakdown, individual coffee shops report it to HQ via email. Upon receiving email HQ’s maintenance unit connects subcontractors via one of the following ways:
- Writing an email to subcontractors,
- Calling subcontractors.
Following are the challenges of Starbucks:
- Having no accurate information on status on maintenance process,
- Having excess number of email communications,
- Approving subcontractor documentations and audits are done via email.
Bimser implements BEAM at Starbucks locations. BEAM system is configured based on Starbucks’ staff,products,vendors,locations,
assets,failure reasons data. When BEAM gets implemented at Starbucks’ coffee shops and HQ maintenance management unit, Starbucks starts to have following benefits and services from BEAM:
- Monitoring status of all the assets at each coffee shop on a single screen,
- Assigning maintenance orders via BEAM to subcontractors,
- Mobile Apps are used by subcontractors,
- Starting to get reports.
Time to Implement
3 – 5 months
- Increasing the productivity of maintenance management at HQ and sub contracts. Thanks to BEAM and its mobile app,
- Stopping pure-email based unstructured communications between HQ and subcontractors.
- Maintenance costs comes down by 30%